Friday, July 4, 2008

POW! POP! POOOOSH! SPARKLE!




OHHHH yes how did you like my fireworks in the title?

I thought they could use a little more COLOR! HAHA.


HAPPY 4TH OF JUL
Y EVERYBODY!

Special thanks to all the Men & Women in our Armed Forces:

The U.S. Army, The Army National Guard, The U.S. Navy, The U.S. Air Force, The U.S. Marine Corps, and The U.S. Coast Guard

Thank you for ALL that you do!

So how much did I spend? What did I eat? Did I go over budget?

Let me tell ya about my night last night, I went to Walmart AGAIN to see if they had any Powerade on the shelf...NOPE!

While I was there I remembered that I needed to pick up some cleaning gloves for 2 of my Housekeepers, so as I ran to get a few packages of those I passed the frozen section where they had Healthy Choice Panini for $1.00. Now keep in mind I have a 21.50 budget for the month so I was a little hesitate to purchase something that I had never had before even though it was only A DOLLAR! YES A DOLLAR!

Everyday thinking prior to July 1st...........hell it's only a buck get one of each to try.
post July 1st........well if I get 1 then that's a DOLLAR and makes my budget 20.50. But its already the 3rd and I have 28 more days to go! Let's see that will bring me to about 73 cents per day to spend. Yeah, I really pulled out my calculator!

Ok, I spent the DOLLAR on this lovely sandwich Tomato Basil & Mozzarella Panini No Fat & Reduced Fat Mozzarella, Reduced Fat Provolone Cheeses, Diced Tomatoes, Roasted Peppers & Onions, Spinach with Creamy Basil Sauce, on Italian Bread.

When I got home I opened the box like a 6yr old on Christmas morning anxious to see what was inside. I was amazed it smelt good, looked good.....but the question that remained would it taste good? I read the back of the box "please fold box into an origami tray" place in microwave for 3-4 minutes.
Sweet I have 4 minutes...off to put on my pj's and slippers.

Back in the kitchen I checked my lovely sandwich and thought wow the cheese could be a little more melted...back into the microwave. Soup would be good with this....mmmm tomato soup made with evaporated milk. So on the table I got tomato soup, a few crackers, and...

Wheres my sandwich you ask? Yeah that didn't quite make it to the table it made it to the floor, where my dog proceeded to eat it... How he never yelp out in pain or stopped eating it is beyond me!

How did it end up on the floor you ask? My origami box tray was hotter than a 2 dollar hooker on the corner. Note to self: use a holder next time...if there is one!

So the question that STILL remains is would it taste good? All that agonizing over a DOLLAR got me now where!


To end this story here are my totals for the day:
Total to start 25.00
total spent 1.50
total to spend 20.50






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL!!! Did you count your dog in your food budget??? Man, that would have frustrated me!

Jen said...

I'd be SO angry if my dog ate my prized $1 dinner. On a happier note- I do have some Jello cake left- and I'll be sending it your way soon :)

OnMyWay said...

omg omg CAKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKE!