Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Day 2

Wow it's been a busy day.... I know you kept checking, and read that same first title over and over didn't ya....

First time actually sitting at my desk and thinking holy shit I committed myself to a 25.00 budget, 3.50 of which I spent last night for dinner.

It kinda set in on my drive home last night that I would have to cook...and it's hot as balls out so I resorted to thinking...

What's the cheapest thing I can make that wont require heat?
~cereal
~lunch meat
~cereal
~cup o noodle
~hot dogs
~bread and water lol and anything else that you could think of I thought of, and then some. (we won't go there though)
~did I mention cereal?

However, after the car cleared of smoke that had leaked from my brain I came up with the genius plan to use the Foreman Grill and Crock pot (thanks Grams). I already have meat in the freezer that I could use. I have chicken that I could put in the crock pot and pork choppers that I could grill.

25 for the month now seems like it's not gonna kill me.

My dilemma for today is that I didn't bring anything to work for lunch/dinner. I'm used to just picking something up at the restaurant....clearly that won't be happening.
I do have a loose can of Bush's Grillin Baked beans that escaped from a shopping bag rolling around in my trunk that I could eat or I could suck it up and go the remaining 7 hrs of a 12 hr shift........which leads me to beleive that those beans will be tasting pretty good in about 3 hrs. HA!

So once again here are my totals:
Total to start 25.00
total spent 3.50
total to spend 21.50

UPDATE:
So many inquiring minds made me feel compelled to update that..... I have YET to eat the beans rolling in the car...matter of fact they haven't made it inside the hotel yet! Only 4 more hours though...I think I'm gonna make it.

Dear water you taste so much like a nicely seasoned hamburger from the grill with tomatoes (well not the ones that make you sick) mustard, ketchup, onions, lettuce (not from the bag that Winnie from HCW DH bought), but for some reason you still taste like WATER!

5 comments:

Jen said...

Lol- you crack me up! How did those beans taste?!

Anonymous said...

HAHAHA, I was just coming here to ask the same thing! How were the beans??? I so wanted fast food today, but I sucked it up, came home and ate...a hot dog. I have bought (or gotten for free) so many hot dogs...something tells me we're going to get sick of them reallllllly fast!

Unknown said...

Same here on the beans - were they yummy? Inquiring minds want to know.
You have such a witty sense of humor.

OnMyWay said...

I made it to the 3 hr mark and still no beannnnnnnnnnnnns!

The Via Colony said...

How fun is this challenge. Way to go. You're doing GREAT!!